NSOP Consent Educator Application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, MAY 26 at 11:50 p.m.
Note: In order to volunteer as a NSOP Consent Educator, you must be a current Columbia or Barnard undergraduate student and must complete the Sexual Violence Response (SVR) Consent Educator training. Additionally, all volunteers must be in good disciplinary and academic standing with their school.
The training sessions are facilitated by SVR staff and professionals who work in the community and at the University/College. The 2013 NSOP Consent Educator training will be held on Monday, August 26 - Wednesday, August 28. The NSOP Consent 101 workshops will be facilitated by trained Consent Educators on Thursday, August 29.
Consent Educators will learn basic co-facilitation skills and the specific goals and objectives of the program. They usually work in teams of two, facilitating discussions for first-year students during New Student Orientation. Columbia Health Sexual Violence Response will only cover early move-in fees for on-campus residence halls. Participants are responsible for their travel and any other fees associated with their early return to campus.
Consent Educators are expected to:
- Return to campus by the early move-in date. Tentative move-in date: Sunday, August 25, 2013
- Participate and complete all parts of the Consent Educator training.
- Facilitate the consent 101 workshop for first-year students.
Consent Educators will:
- Receive valuable facilitation training and experience.
- Have an opportunity to share critical information about prevention education and campus resources.
- Acquire first-hand knowledge on effective primary prevention programming on sexual violence.
If you are interested in serving as a 2013 NSOP Consent Educator for Columbia Health Sexual Violence Response, please complete this application in its entirety and submit before the deadline.
By submitting this application, you are providing permission for the Sexual Violence Response staff to verify that you are in good disciplinary and academic standing with your